Britney Spears she cancels shows indefinitely after father 'almost died'

"I've been looking forward to this show... so doing this breaks my heart. However, it's important to always put family first...


"I've been looking forward to this show... so doing this breaks my heart. However, it's important to always put family first."

Britney Spears has announced an "indefinite work hiatus" to spend time with her family, revealing that her father "almost died" in an emotional message to her fans.

The singer is putting her Britney: Domination shows in Las Vegas on hold so she can help with her father Jamie's recovery from "life-threatening health issues", a statement on her website said.

Mr Spears underwent emergency surgery two months ago after suffering a ruptured colon, the star's publicist confirmed to Sky News.

In a post on social media, Spears said that "it breaks my heart" to postpone the shows, but that "it's important to always put your family first".

In her full message to fans, she said: "I don't even know where to start with this, because this is so tough for me to say.

"I will not be performing my new show Domination. I've been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart.

"However, it's important to always put your family first… and that's the decision I had to make.



"A couple of months ago, my father was hospitalized and almost died. We're all so grateful that he came out of it alive, but he still has a long road ahead of him. I had to make the difficult decision to put my full focus and energy on my family at this time.

"I hope you all can understand. More information on ticket refunds is available on britneyspears.com. I appreciate your prayers and support for my family during this time. Thank you, and love you all… always."

Details of Mr Spears' illness were given in a statement, which said: "Two months ago, Mr Jamie Spears became seriously ill and was rushed to Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas.



"His colon spontaneously ruptured and he was immediately admitted into surgery. Mr Spears spent the next 28 days in the hospital under the care of the amazing doctors, nurses and staff at the hospital, who the Spears family credits with saving his life.

"After a long, complicated post-operative period, he is recuperating at home and gaining strength, and is expected to make a full recovery.

COMMENTS

Name

Africa,1,England,1,Ents & Arts,1,Europe,1,Islam,1,Murder,1,News,6,Premier League,1,Soccer,2,Soccer Transfers,1,Sports,2,United States,1,World,3,
ltr
item
I WRITE NEWS: Britney Spears she cancels shows indefinitely after father 'almost died'
Britney Spears she cancels shows indefinitely after father 'almost died'
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhnm6Ku_PhvwWdBanrd8rH9IrF8JGP0AvHtUItJnf6hyPl38VOBGIeq2Vz6KWIpRv4K5HyFVuTAkiFektiG-1y6NCDtS0hEPg2HPhyBH8-aLhgMtz6ZpLiuScB6Pv35RhyJPyiLgNR1u50R/s400/1.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhnm6Ku_PhvwWdBanrd8rH9IrF8JGP0AvHtUItJnf6hyPl38VOBGIeq2Vz6KWIpRv4K5HyFVuTAkiFektiG-1y6NCDtS0hEPg2HPhyBH8-aLhgMtz6ZpLiuScB6Pv35RhyJPyiLgNR1u50R/s72-c/1.jpg
I WRITE NEWS
http://iwritenews.blogspot.com/2019/01/britney-spears-she-cancels-shows.html
http://iwritenews.blogspot.com/
http://iwritenews.blogspot.com/
http://iwritenews.blogspot.com/2019/01/britney-spears-she-cancels-shows.html
true
3719737356768236873
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy